From Scratch Ingredients:
3 cups self rising flour
3/4 lb butter, softened (3/4 LB of butter equals 3 sticks)
3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons lemon Juice (real or squeeze
kind is fine) or extract if you want a deeper
3/4 cup carbonated lemonlime beverage, any
Ingredients using Box Cake Mix:
one box of yellow cake mix
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 4 ounce box of instant lemon pudding
3/4 cup of carbonated lemon lime soda of
your choice/any brand
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon of milk
How to make it:
From Scratch Directions:
1. Mix butter and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
2. Add in your eggs1 at a time, beating after each is added in.
3. Add in flour and lemon extract/juice.
4. Fold in your lemonlime soda of choice.
5. Pour into wellgreased 12cup Bundt pan
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 hour & 15 min or until fully set
7. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool, then drizzle your glaze on top
Directions using Box Cake Mix:
9. Preheat your oven to 325F
10. Grease your bundt pan
11. In a separate large bowl combine all the cake ingredients and mix well
12. pour the mixed batter into the greased bundt pan
13. Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until set
14. allow to cool completely before removing from the pan
15. top with Glaze
Make Lemon Glaze:
17. Both recipes from scratch and from the box mix use the same easy, delicious glaze
18. Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and milk together and drizzle on cooled cake one
removed from the pan..