2 c all purpose flour
2 c sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 c shredded coconuts
1 c finely chopped walnuts
5 egg whites [beat for stiff peaks]
5 egg yolks
1 c buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp baking powder [optional]
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c whipping cream
1/2 c chopped nuts
4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c coconut, shredded
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream butter with sugar and add vanilla.
2. Separate the eggs. Beat the whites until soft peaks form - and set aside. Cream the egg yolks, butter and sugar. Set them aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: Sifted flour, baking powder and the baking soda. [it doesnt call for baking powder but I like my cakes to stand high]
4. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture a little at a time alternating with the buttermilk (about 1/4 cup at a time).
5. Next mix in walnuts and coconut.
6. With a spatula gently fold in your egg whites into the batter by making the figure 8 pattern.
7. Spoon the batter into your greased bundt pan making it as even as you can.
8. Bake for about 60 minutes until the cake seems firm
10. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
For the Icing:
1. With a hand blender cream the cream cheese with the 1/2 cups of whipping cream. Add powder sugar. Blend. Pour generous amount on cake. Sprinkle Coconuts and top off with chopped walnuts. Again drizzle [I like that word] more icing on top on nuts and cocunuts.
Refrigerate the cake until you are going to slice and serve!