1/2 Cup butter (1 stick), melted
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Can pineapple rings in 100% juice (reserve the juice)
1 Jar maraschino cherries
1 Box yellow or pineapple cake mix
1 4-serving box instant vanilla pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the bundt pan by generously applying pan release (recipe below) or
3. Melt the butter and evenly pour into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with the
4. Cut the pineapple rings in half and alternate with the maraschino cherries
around the bundt pan as shown in the picture. Set aside.
5. In a stand mixer or large bowl, stir the cake mix and pudding mix together.
Drain the pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1
The cup of liquid. Add this with the eggs and the amount of oil called for in the
recipe to the cake mixture; following the instructions on the box.
6. Carefully pour the batter over the fruit. Place the bundt pan on a baking sheet
and bake as instructed for a bundt cake on the cake mix box. The cake is done
when an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Slide a knife around the edges including the
8. Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Slice between the pineapple rings and
serve warm or room temperature.
Several people have commented that they had the butter and brown sugar overow
their bundt pans causing a big mess in the oven. Just say no to messes. Make sure to
put the bundt pan on a baking sheet.
Also, use the baking time for a bundt cake that's listed on the cake mix directions.
This will vary by brand. My times are approximate - go by the box.
In order to prevent problems with the cake being too moist, soft, or cracking, cover
the pan with foil half way through baking and then uncovering for the last 10
minutes. This will also keep it from over browning.